We are seeking candidates for a Controller-opportunity for an access hospital located in Northeast Arkansas (onsite)
Hourly rate: $45.92-$56.47-$73.47
Acute Care hospital licensed for 168 beds & 25 bed Critical Access Hospital
The ideal candidate will have experience as an accountant in healthcare, preferably in a senior role. As a strong communicator and skilled financial analyst, this person will streamline our budgeting, payroll, and financial reporting processes. The controller will also produce thorough financial-status reports for senior managers to help improve our operational efficiency and aid in our continued growth.
Objectives of this role
- Provide comprehensive financial updates to senior managers by evaluating, analyzing, and reporting appropriate data points.
- Guide financial decisions by applying company policies and procedures to current economic landscape.
- Develop, implement, and maintain financial controls and guidelines.
- Achieve budgeting goals with proper scheduling, analysis, and corrective actions.
- Maximize payroll efficiency through innovative process development.
- Help develop and support short- and long-term operational strategies.
- Maintain internal safeguards for revenue receipts, costs, and team and organizational budgets and actual expenditures.
- Establish (in coordination with CFO) financial and operating benchmarks, budgets, program monitoring, and reporting standards on biweekly, monthly, and annual basis.
- Implement consistent accounting policies, practices, and procedures across all programs, adhering to national and local legal standards while remaining knowledgeable of proposed legislation.
- Develop and enforce internal controls to maximize protection of company assets, policies, procedures, and workflows.
- Oversee and support accounting team with dynamic leadership that creates an environment of trust and productivity.
Required skills and qualifications:
- Ten or more years of professional accounting experience, preferred.
- Strong understanding of banking processes and financial data analysis
- Working knowledge of national and local tax regulations and compliance reporting
- Experience in managing payroll, with focus on streamlining accounting processes.
- Exemplary history of financial project management
Preferred skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in business, accounting, or related field
- Five or more years of experience as a senior-level accounting or finance manager in healthcare
Located in Northeast Arkansas, approximately 60 miles north of West Memphis. The population was 13,406 at the 2020 census, down from 15,620 in 2010. Northeast Arkansas.
Often called the “gateway to the Arkansas Delta,” the communities in Mississippi County combine the charms of small-town living with the accessibility of big city amenities, which are a mere hour away, at the most.
Historic downtown areas offer boutique shopping, along with clothing stores, books, shoes, and great bargains. You can enjoy superb accommodations at award-winning hotels. Fine food is abundant, from our classic pork barbeque to ethnic delights and gourmet dining.
Steelmaking and cotton-growing are two professions held in high esteem in this northeast corner of Arkansas. As the leading steel producer in the nation, the area is also among leading agricultural producers for cotton and soybeans.
And the best thing: Everywhere you go, you can expect a level of friendliness and warmth that only true southern hospitality can offer.