Our client, a 100+ bed hospital located in North Central TN about 1.5 hrs from Nashville, has a need for CNO to join their team. Candidates MUST have recent Acute Care Hospital CNO experience in a For Profit hospital to be considered.
The Chief Nursing Officer has ultimate administrative responsibility for nursing standards and practice regardless of the practice area or reporting relationship of the nurse. Directs hospital nursing activities within context of hospital policies and procedures:
- Ensures continuous and timely nursing services to patients.
- Ensures nursing standards, practices, policies and procedures, in accordance with all applicable laws, regulatory and accreditation requirements are consistent with current research findings and national professional standards.
- Directs nursing service Performance Improvement activities.
- Actively participates in hospital leadership functions.
- Collaborates with hospital leaders to design and provide patient care and services, including availability of sufficient, qualified nursing staff.
- Develops, presents and manages budget for nursing services.
- Develops and implements overall nursing plan consistent with hospital policies and objectives, to provide continuous nursing care and services.
- Develops, implements and interprets nursing and patient care policies, objectives and standards for measurement and maintenance of quality nursing care.
- Develops, implements and administers nursing services budget and expense control system.
- Prepares master nursing services staffing plan.
- Organizes, directs and supervises daily nursing service to assure adequate hospital coverage and quality care.
- Recruits, interviews, evaluates and hires qualified personnel to meet patient’s needs.
- Participates in the development, implementation and maintenance of the hospital quality assurance and improvement program through evaluation of services rendered, quality improvement, audit of medical records, patient visits and counsel with hospital staff.
- Maintains communications with medical and administrative staff through participation in regularly scheduled staff meeting and involvement on hospital medical services committees.
- Evaluates long and short-range equipment and supply requirements for nursing care by forecasting service levels and quantity of materials on hand.
- Directs, plans and implements orientation and educational programs to promote staff training and development.
- Recommends and participates in development of new patient care programs for expansion of nursing care services.
- Represents hospital in health care programs and professional organizations of associates to serve in a public relations capacity and to stimulate professional growth.
Minimum Qualifications (Experience, Education and Special Certifications…)
- Licensed Registered Nurse with knowledge of nursing principles, theories and practice standards with verbal interpersonal and quantitative skills acquired through completion of at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing.
- Master’s Degree Required (MSN or MHA).
- Minimum of 3-5 years of CNO experience in an investor-owned healthcare organization.
- Prior experience in Joint Commission preparation and survey process.
This town is situated halfway between Nashville and Knoxville, Tennessee. Picture rolling green hills under a canopy of hardwood forests, the sounds of running water from our many creeks and streams, and the musical singing of numerous birds and wildlife. The town is only minutes from Dale Hollow Lake and Standing Stone State Park. This is a place where everyone knows their neighbor and will speak to strangers on the street. We have four distinct seasons with green grass and flowers in the spring, clear blue summer skies, beautiful foliage in fall, and even some snowfall in winter. We have a diverse plurality of churches for people to attend.
Salary range: Min pay $112,400 Mid $148,900 anything over that can be negotiated. 30% bonus, deferred cash $22500
CEO has been there for 23 years. He wants someone who will work well with the physician, listen and grow the business. Having the right attitude will work best in this role.