Our client, a 100+ bed hospital located in Southwest WV, about an hour from Charleston, WV, has a need for an experienced CFO to join their team. Candidates absolutely MUST HAVE RECENT FOR PROFIT ACUTE CARE HOSPITAL EXPERIENCE to be considered. They are also looking for candidates that have a stable job history. They don’t want candidates that have moved around a lot or have been doing a lot of Interim and Consulting positions.
The Chief Financial Officer is responsible for providing leadership and direction to all financial departments for the overall fiscal responsibility of the hospital.
- Administers the general accounting, patient business services, including third party reimbursement, financial, and statistical reporting functions of the hospital in accordance with established policies and accounting procedures.
- Provides formal or informal direction in data processing, distributed systems, material management and medical records functions.
- Trains subordinates on the above areas and monitors performance to ensure fiscal responsibilities are fulfilled.
- Assists the CEO in the development of long and short-range hospital operations plans that may include service demand analyses, resources availability analyses and cost benefit analyses of proposed capital and staff expansions.
- Develops long and short-range operational and capital budgets, which are supported by the hospitals long and short range plans and objectives.
- Prepares cash flow analyses and budget variance analyses.
- Recommends budget modifications as required. Assists managers in the development of departmental budgets.
- Monitors, interprets and analyzes hospital financial performance in realizing established plans and objectives of the hospital.
- Identifies and reports undesirable trends and potential business opportunities and makes recommendations for action.
- Directs the preparation of internal financial reports including work papers for annual financial audit.
- Assures the timely and accurate preparation of financial reports and assures that the reports reliably reflect the financial position of the hospital.
- Assumes a lead role in analyzing and exploring means of reducing hospital operating costs and increasing revenues based on knowledge of market trends, financial reports and operating procedures.
- Responsible for direction and submission on a timely basis all financial data associated reports required by government and other regulated agencies including payroll tax reports, public disclosure reports and third party payor cost reports.
Minimum Qualifications (Experience, Education and Special Certifications…)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance and the knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, and verbal, interpersonal and quantitative skills normally acquired through completion of this degree is required.
- CPA or Master's Degree strongly required.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working at the CFO level in a For Profit acute-care hospital is required.
- Minimum of three years of progressive management experience in an investor-owned healthcare organization required.
- Must be a strong, hands-on and approachable leader who understands the value of being a team-player and have an outgoing and friendly personality.
- Must understand how to motivate and inspire staff to achieve optimal results, while keeping employee satisfaction high.
Located in the southwestern part of West Virginia, the city offers the best in family friendly living, surrounded by spectacular mountains, swirling rivers, and scenic countrysides. West Virginia is one of the top adventure destinations. World class whitewater rafting, rock climbing, mountain biking, and hiking can be found right in our backyard. Enjoy all the benefits of a smaller city – low crime, less congestion, and a friendly and relaxing environment. The community is also home to many recreational activities such as Hatfield McCoy ATV Trails, golfing, tennis, hiking, and much more. Camping, fishing, golfing, hiking, mountain biking, skiing, tennis, youth soccer leagues, and more—West Virginia has it all. The state is famous for its white water rafting and has always been considered the greatest hunting area east of the Mississippi. The nearby 4,000-acre Chief Logan State Park is one of the most visited in the state park system. The park offers a 25-site campground, modern restaurant, outdoor amphitheater, conference center and wildlife center. The recreation enthusiast can enjoy 18 miles of hiking trails, a swimming pool with water slide, tennis and miniature golf. Some trails are open for mountain bike enthusiasts.
Base Salary is around $150K, plus up to a 30% bonus, and $45,000 in deferred cash.