Our client, a small hospital located about an hour and a half from Provi, Utah, has a need for an experienced CFO to join their team. This small hospital includes a Family Practice and 2 Urgent Care Clinics. For Profit Acute Care Hospital experience as a CFO or Controller is REQUIRED.
The Chief Financial Officer provides leadership and direction to all financial departments for the overall fiscal responsibility of the hospital.
- Administers the general accounting, patient business services, including third party reimbursement, financial, and statistical reporting functions of the hospital in accordance with established policies and accounting procedures.
- Provides formal or informal direction in data processing, distributed systems, material management and medical records functions.
- Trains subordinates on the above areas and monitors performance to ensure fiscal responsibilities are fulfilled.
- Assists the CEO in the development of long and short-range hospital operations plans that may include service demand analyses, resources availability analyses and cost benefit analyses of proposed capital and staff expansions.
- Develops long and short-range operational and capital budgets, which are supported by the hospitals long and short range plans and objectives.
- Prepares cash flow analyses and budget variance analyses.
- Recommends budget modifications as required. Assists managers in the development of departmental budgets.
- Monitors, interprets and analyzes hospital financial performance in realizing established plans and objectives of the hospital.
- Identifies and reports undesirable trends and potential business opportunities and makes recommendations for action.
- Directs the preparation of internal financial reports including work papers for annual financial audit.
- Assures the timely and accurate preparation of financial reports and assures that the reports reliably reflect the financial position of the hospital.
- Assumes a lead role in analyzing and exploring means of reducing hospital operating costs and increasing revenues based on knowledge of market trends, financial reports and operating procedures.
- Responsible for direction and submission on a timely basis all financial data associated reports required by government and other regulated agencies including payroll tax reports, public disclosure reports and third party payor cost reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance and the knowledge of generally accepted accounting principals, and verbal, interpersonal and quantitative skills normally acquired through completion of this degree is required.
- Master's Degree is required.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working at the CFO level in an acute-care hospital is required.
- Minimum of three years of progressive management experience in an investor-owned healthcare organization required. For Profit Acute Care Hospital experience as a CFO is REQUIRED.
- Must be a strong, hands-on and approachable leader who understands the value of being a team-player and have an outgoing and friendly personality.
- Must understand how to motivate and inspire staff to achieve optimal results, while keeping employee satisfaction high.
The city’s mild winters and year-round low humidity make outdoor activities particularly enjoyable, including fishing, hunting, biking, water sports and historical sightseeing. Golfers can tee off at a nearby excellent 18-hold championship public course. Amateur paleontologists can learn and discover at a Dinosaur Quarry. Nearby, Nine Mile Canyon, known as the "World's Longest Art Gallery," holds thousands of ancient pictograph and petroglyph drawings on canyon walls, as well as remnants of Native American dwellings, wildlife viewing and hiking and biking trails. Green River, Goblin Valley State Park, the San Rafael Swell and the Wasatch Plateau present even more scenic beauty and recreational possibilities and are all nearby.
- Net Revenue: $73,812,873
- EHR system Patient Accounting/HMS
- What software do we use through accounting: Host (Internal Canned Software)
- Do we have a controller and what does our accounting team look like. Yes +1 Accounts payable
- Do we have a competitor: Wasatch front.
$45,000 deferred compensation
Min Mid and we can negotiate anything beyond that. Let me know what else you need.129,200 171,200 213,000