We are seeking candidates for a Certified Nurse Midwife opportunity for a Community Health Center located 2.5 hours west of Boston in MA
About the Area:
Great Barrington and the Southern Berkshires is the perfect place to live. They are surrounded by beautiful nature and have all the amenities you need. There are green mountains and perfect rivers and lakes everywhere here, they never run out of free things to do outside year-round.
The town is 20 miles (32 km) south of Pittsfield, 46 miles (74 km) west of Springfield, 135 miles (217 km) west of Boston, and 120 miles (190 km) north-northeast of New York City.
Great Barrington is in the valley of the Housatonic River. The Williams River, Green River and several brooks also flow through the valley into the Housatonic. To the east of the river, several mountains of the Berkshires rise, including East Mountain (site of the Ski Butternut resort (also known as Butternut Basin) and a state forest), Beartown Mountain (and the majority of Beartown State Forest) and Monument Mountain. The Appalachian Trail crosses through East Mountain State Forest in the southeast corner of town. The southwest corner of town is the site of several country clubs and a fairgrounds.
Job Title: Certified Nurse Midwife
FLSA Status: Exempt
Hours: Full Time
Operationally Reports To: Clinical Site Leader
Direct Reports to: CMO
The Certified Nurse Midwife practices a full range of office and hospital-based women’s health care
services from adolescence beyond menopause including gynecologic and family planning services, prenatal,
intrapartum and postpartum care. The CNM works in partnership with CHP’s seasoned OB/GYN physicians,
nurse practitioner, office staff, and Fairview Hospital’s Labor and Delivery Service. On-Call coverage is
required. The CNM will support CHP’s mission, vision, and values and will adhere to compliance protocols as
well as CHP’s policies and procedures.
Certified Nurse Midwife Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conduct physical exams and take detailed medical histories.
• Diagnose and treat women with acute and chronic illnesses.
• Prescribe appropriate pharmaceuticals when necessary.
• Admit, manage and discharge hospitalized patients.
• Order and interpret laboratory and diagnostic tests.
• Promote healthy lifestyles.
• Manage and prevent sexually transmitted diseases.
• Create individualized wellness, education, reproductive health and counseling plans.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following
• Subject Matter Expert:
o Is a subject matter expert and keeps knowledge current by attending required trainings
o Knowledge of and respect for HIPAA regulations.
o Develops innovative approaches and ideas.
• Business Acumen:
o Understands business implications of decisions; Aligns work with strategic goals.
o Sets and achieves challenging goals.
o Balances team and individual responsibilities.
o Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views.
o Gives and welcomes feedback.
o Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills:
o Highest degree of professionalism and ethics.
o Handles issues with tact and diplomacy.
CHP Certified Nurse Midwife
o Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
o Upholds organizational values.
o Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
o Takes initiative, follows through, and manages different tasks with quick turn-around time.
o Works well under pressure, and with minimal supervision.
• Must have a Master of Science in Nursing degree (MSN) from a program accredited by the Accreditation
Commission for Midwifery Education (ACME).
• Licensure in the State of Massachusetts.
• Knowledge of computer-based data management programs and information systems, as well as medical
records and point-of-interview technology.
• A sound understanding of all pertinent federal and state regulations, including HIPAA and OSHA.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
In addition to competitive salaries, our client offers the following benefits:
Comprehensive Medical and Dental Plans
Medical and Dependent Flexible Spending Accounts
Paid Time Off Program (Vacation, Personal, Sick Pay)
Catastrophic Illness Bank
Short- and Long-term Disability Insurance
Group Term Life Insurance
Dependent Life Insurance
Employee Referral Bonus Program
Flexible Work Arrangements