15 OR Rooms. 100 PRN+FT Staff members, There is a Director of OR
Our client, a large busy hospital located about an hour from Charlotte, NC, has a need for an AVP of Surgical Services to join their team.
Manages the daily operations of the assigned department or function to ensure alignment with departmental and organizational objectives.
- Manages staff relations including performance management, staff satisfaction, and conflict management. Performs and oversees scheduling, staff development and student engagements.
- Determines and justifies needs for systems/equipment/supplies purchases, monitors usage, and oversees properly working order equipment and/or stock supplies.
- Assesses the quality of patient care delivered and coordinates patient care services with patients, staff, physicians, and other departments. May provide patient care when necessary.
- Creates and fosters an environment that encourages professional growth.
- Integrates evidence-based practices into operations and clinical protocols.
Coordinates and directs internal/external audits and reports out to proper committees.
- Ensures department stays focused on their important role in the continuum of care.
- Adherence to all core measures, patient safety goals, and NQF safe practices.
Bachelor's degree required; Master’s preferred.
Basic Life Support (BLS) required
Current RN license to practice in NC
Minimum Work Experience
Minimum of two (2) years experience as a Registered Nurse in Surgery.
Minimum of 5-7 years of OR Management experience.
An “All- America City” and recognized as a “Most Livable Place to Live,” this area is located in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains and boasts a long history of craftsmanship, being renowned as one of the top producing furniture communities in the nation. The region is dotted with quaint downtowns that boast shopping, dining and recreation options, as well as a growing number of vineyards. Schools are well regarded and educational opportunities include Lenoir-Rhyne University in Hickory, with Appalachian State University and Wake Forest University nearby. The local arts scene is supported by organizations like their Museum of Art, the Western Piedmont Symphony and the Choral Society, and millions are being invested to create greenspaces – including a Riverwalk – for residents and visitors alike to enjoy. This vibrant region near the mountains offers close proximity to a number of cities in North Carolina, and a wealth of recreational opportunities. The temperate climate makes outdoor recreational destinations like Lake Hickory and the Blue Ridge Mountains a joy.
Salary range is $93,350.00-- $144,684.00 Might be some flexibility on top range.