Assistant Director of Pharmacy
49 bed Hospital located on the Kenai Peninsula in Southcentral Alaska. 2 hour drive to Seward and 3 hour drive to Anchorage
Days – M-F variable hours and weekends occasionally and Call – not frequently
- At least 3 years of hospital pharmacy experience
- At least 1 year of hospital pharmacy leadership experience
- Alaska licensed
- BLSs and ACLS
- Assist with the daily operation of the pharmacy, budgeting, planning, directing and supervising pharmacy activities and personnel, including managing new programs within the department and for the hospital.
- Assists with maintaining the pharmacy within established hospital and regulatory agency laws, Joint Commission and Department of Public Health Relations.
- Additional responsibilities will include filling and dispensing medication orders including the proper handling, usage and storage of drugs in the pharmacy.
- Act as an information resource to patients, physicians, nurses and other healthcare professionals regarding medication therapy and drug related information and literature.
- Plans and organizes work schedule of supportive personnel and pharmacists, as required.
Area Info: Thriving community located on the world-famous Kenai River, very popular sport fishing destination. Area population is 4,500. Plenty to do including - Glaciers, bear viewing tours, rafting, canoeing, hiking, cross country skiing, hockey, snowmobiling. Area experiences mild summers and relatively warm winters and 18 hours of sunlight in June and July.