Our client, a 300+ bed hospital in GA, located about 2.5 hrs south of Atlanta, has a need for a Respiratory Therapist to join their team. This is a Night shift position, working 4 10s.
Under general supervision, provide respiratory care and life support to patients with cardiopulmonary system deficiencies and abnormalities.
Minimum Education: Graduate of a post-secondary respiratory education program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or the Committee on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC) Required
Certifications: Basic Life Support (BLS)X ACLSX Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)X Neonatal Resuscitation Provider (NRP) preferred
Licenses: Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) in the State of Georgia; Licensed Respiratory Therapist in the State of Georgia
Minimum Work Experience: One (1) year of formal training/intern experience
- Plan, prepare, and administer respiratory therapy treatments including IPPB, aerosol, chest physical therapy, incentive spirometry, sputum inductions, in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Measures lung capacity and analyzes blood samples using a blood gas analyzer.
- Delivers and assesses response to ordered therapy per plan of care. Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Evaluates respiratory care policies and procedures based on patient outcomes, current research, and best practices.
- Responds to codes and calls for emergent assistance. Assesses patient condition and delivers appropriate treatment.
- Educates the patient and family about the patient's illness and provides information about community support groups and other resources.
- Monitors, receives, stocks, and distributes respiratory care supplies and medical gas cylinders.
- Maintains storage areas with required supply levels and equipment.
- Disassembles, cleans, and sterilizes equipment, and performs preventative maintenance and calibration of machines.
This town is located about 2 hours from Atlanta yet has everything you could ever want! Enjoy the Riverwalk that runs through town or the many museums, performing arts center, historical centers, opera house, or the numerous parks in the restored downtown district. They also have a military base nearby as well as a university in town. This is the 3rd largest city in GA. From Broadway shows to the State Theatre of Georgia - this city offers an array of venues with world-class entertainment. From the history of the foot soldier, the Civil War and prisoners of war - the city is home to nationally acclaimed museums. Visitors stroll back to genteel times in the Historic District where brick streets, ancient oaks and century-old homes are the order of the day. And they even has world class whitewater rafting! The natural flow from the river will create the longest urban whitewater course in the world. This incredible release will also restore the natural habitat of many aquatic species, including the shoal bass and fresh water mussel, making it a fisherman's paradise. Come experience all the area has to offer!
Salary range is $39,000-60,000. No relo asst, but $20K sign on bonus.