We are seeking candidates for an Operating Room RN for an HCA Hospital located in Sanford and Orlando FL
15 K Sign on. We have a similar opportunity in Orlando FL (M-F).
Job Summary and Qualifications
We are seeking a dynamic RN to join our Peri-operative team. As an RN in OR setting you will collaborate with other members of the health care team including physicians, to deliver quality health care. In this role you will provide the best possible preventative and supportive intra-operative care to each patient based upon their individual needs.
- Shift times: Flexible to work either 4 9’s or 3 12’s M-F.
- Must have experience – Must have OR experience
- Unit Beds/ rooms: 7 including trauma and they cross train to multiple specialties
On call required/ Frequency of on call : Yes this is the most important piece – must live in a 30 min call window. Call is on average 10 weekdays during a month and 2 weekends.
$32.87 (2yr)36.10 (5 yr)-40.42 (10yr) 46.26 (17yr MAX)
SIGN ON : 15,000
Shift Diffs: no
What you will do in this role:
- Recognize and address urgent and emergent surgical situation
- Foster continuity and quality of care in the best interests of patients
- Assess and monitor patients’ medical status while in the OR
Assess patient’s condition and monitor vitals, providing general nursing care
Ensure the Operating Room is prepared with all necessary supplies, implants, instrumentation, and equipment
Keep the operating room sterilized.
Review charts for completeness, in accordance with documentation protocols
Communicate effectively with patients, teammates, and physicians to ensure continuity of care
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Florida or able to obtain licensure prior to start is required
- Minimum 1 year previous perioperative experience or completion of Perioperative Nursing course preferred
- 1 year of RN experience in an Acute Care environment preferred
- BSN is preferred
- BLS, ACLS, PALS (AHA Healthcare provider) required
- CNOR preferred