Our client, a 100+ bed hospital, located in Western ID, along the Snake River and right on the border of WA, has a need for a Director of Perioperative Services to join their team.
Primary (Essential) Duties:
- Organization and direction of functions and activities in the departments:
- Implements established policies and procedures of the Medical Center and PCS Division, and interprets them to personnel, patients, Medical Staff, and public.
- Provides for effective and efficient utilization of personnel. Establishes an environment that will provide for the provision of quality patient care within the philosophy, objectives, and goals of the department, Division, and Medical Center.
- Plans, directs, and evaluates departmental routines.
- Evaluates patient care, work performance, techniques, and fulfillment of nursing standards. Inspects department regularly for compliance with policies and procedures, goals, objectives, and philosophy. Takes appropriate action when noncompliance occurs.
- Meets with the CNO concerning staffing of the nursing departments, patient care planning, maintenance of supplies and equipment, problem-solving and staff development where appropriate.
This position oversees approximately 50 FTE's (RN, CST, Anesthesia Tech, CNA, Clerical staff). St. Joe's Operating Room is equipped with seven (7) operating suites and state of the art surgical technology. We are proud to be home of a VELYS™ Robotic-Assisted Solution and the da Vinci Xi Surgical System providing robotic-assisted surgery by Intuitive. There are many surgical specialties housed here at SJRMC, such as, general surgery, neurology, neurology-spine, orthopedics, orthopedic-spine, obstetrics, gynecology, ear-nose-throat, and podiatry, just to list a few.
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the State of Idaho or licensure eligible
- BSN or Bachelor of Science in a related field
- Three to four years of experience in perioperative services
- Must have an understanding of, and experience in central processing, sterilization and decontamination procedures.
- Prior management experience
- Certified Nurse Operating Room (CNOR) Certification
With warm weather and mild winters, this area has more sunny days than almost any other place in the Northwest! Recreational opportunities abound, from premiere waterskiing, jet boating, sailing, whitewater rafting, hunting, fishing, swimming, golfing, hiking and camping to shopping, family fun, and fantastic events. Miles of paved levee pathways follow the rivers for walking, jogging and biking. You can find some of the greatest fishing for salmon, steelhead, small mouth bass, trout and sturgeon. Snow skiing and snowmobiling are only a short drive away. Shopping in downtown provides many opportunities for antiques, art galleries, gift stores, viewing historic buildings and stopping along the way to dine at local eateries or to grab an espresso at the local coffee house. The mall houses a complementary mix of retail specialty stores, restaurants and service centers in a climate-controlled facility or head over to the Plaza for local retail chains such as Pier One Imports, TJ Maxx and Eddie Bauer.
Spokane, WA (104)
Coeur d’Alene, ID (116)
Missoula, MT (217)
Boise, ID (267)
Salary Range: $122,400--150,592, up to 10% bonus, sign on on and relo available