Our client, 2 hospitals located in Northern NC, located about 1 hr from Raleigh and about 45 mins from Durham, is seeking a System Director of Physician Practices to join their team. The Director will be overseeing 30-40 Providers at 2 hospitals. You will have Practice Managers under you as well. The client is seeking someone with multi-specialty and multiple location experience. Candidates MUST have acute care Physician Practice Management experience to be considered (not dentist offices, LTACHS, Behavioral Health centers, etc).
Under the direction of the Hospital CEO,Director of Physician Practivce responsible for the direct and operational management of the physician practice to include effective management of clinical systems, human resources, financial management, and environmental management; performs business development and marketing functions for the physician practices sustaining the operational success of multiple physician practices, clinics or offices within the hospital area and remaining in compliance with all regulatory bodies.
- Develops and implements physician practices’ strategic plans.
- Ensures best practices implementation of operating policies, procedures, and principles for physician practices.
- Provides leadership and direction in accordance with organizational goals and objectives.
- Helps develop plans and budgets on strategic, tactical and operating levels for and with each practice; directing the implementation of these plans and budgets; and generally helping ensure the success of each practice in healthcare delivery and financial terms.
- Monitors financial performance compared to budget, develops and reviews weekly financial projections, and assesses physician practice staffing patterns.
- Assists in supervising the administrative managers of each physician practice, guiding and assisting them in managing their operations, and leading implementation teams on projects and initiatives.
- Works with the central billing office to assist practice in maximizing net revenue.
- Promotes collaborative practice with hospital departments, physicians, and clinics.
- Consults with the practices’ office manager concerning the operations of their practices to assist in eliminating/correcting problem areas and/or improvement of services and reports such findings to the hospital CEO.
- Oversees clinical and patient care policies, objectives and standards for measurement and maintenance of quality patient care (HIPAA and Joint Commission).
- Meets with and provides administrative support to physicians and serves as their go to resource for implementation of policies, procedures, and principles.
- Helps to ensure compliance with all federal and state regulations by implementing and monitoring policies and programs to protect patients and employees of the organization.
- Ensures that the physician and the staff have the applicable training necessary for performance of their assigned duties.
- Understands and actively participates in fulfilling the mission of the practices.
- Collaborates with other hospitals and corporate departments to disseminate best demonstrated practices.
- Complies with legal, hospital and departmental policies, procedures and position requirements.
- Bachelor’s in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration or similar.
- Minimum 5 years progressively responsible experience in physician practice management, including oversight of multiple physician practices, offices, or clinics.
- Demonstrated track record of success at managing, mentoring and motivating supervised staff and managing diverse teams to accomplish a wide range of strategic and operational objectives.
- Strong knowledge of physician practice financial administration and payer reimbursement.
- Good knowledge of legal issues relating to physician-owned practices and hospital-employed physicians.
- Demonstrated budget, financial, and mathematics skills. Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office; especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done.
- Ability to work professionally with confidential, proprietary data and information while maintaining confidentiality.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively and professionally with individuals at all levels, both internal and external.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to plan, implement and manage multiple projects simultaneously within inflexible time frames, as well as the ability to deal with priority changes.
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work within the established policies, procedures and practices prescribed by the organization.
Education: Bachelors or better in Health Administration or related field.
Experience: 5 of more years of experience.
This historic city is located in the northern part of North Carolina located about 40 mins north of Raleigh. The Downtown area boasts a wide array of shopping, antique stores, galleries, museums, an aquarium and a variety of restaurants. Having a small town feel, this city offers amazing nature-based outdoor activities like camping, boating, golfing, fishing and more. The community offers a small-town feel but is less than an hour’s drive from the larger metropolitan areas of Durham and Raleigh. Residents enjoy a mild climate and superior local amenities including a wide variety of affordable and attractive housing; two country clubs; a revitalized downtown shopping and business district, designated as a National Register Historic District; more than 60 active civic clubs and community organizations, and a Community College. A vast array of recreational pursuits are available nearby, including Kerr Lake. One of the largest lakes in the Southeast, it boasts more than 850 miles of shoreline, with everything from wooded shores and secluded coves to tranquil picnic areas and easy access to water sports like boating, fishing, skiing, sailing and wind surfing.
Salary range is $120-140K plus up to a 10% bonus potential, sign on bonus and relo asst.