Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner - $170,000
Requirements: WHNP with 2+ years of experience, Alaska license, DEA
- Area Info: Western, AK. The largest community on the Kuskokwim River. It is the regional hub for many of the surrounding communities and native villages in the Yukon Kuskokwim Delta, an area encompassing 50000 square miles. The community is one of the largest cities in Alaska. 1 hour flight to Anchorage. Organization serves 58 federally-recognized Tribes and operates 41 Village Clinics. All communities served by the 55 bed regional hospital in the area.
Require that WHNP applicants be able perform full scope of practice for OB/GYN care.
- Clinic has three Charge RNs, three Unit Clerks, along with several nurses and providers. Each FNP/PA is paired up with one nurse and this team is given three rooms for patient care.
- Most providers see about 14 to 18 patients per day (or about one patient every 30 minutes).
- Hours of operation are Monday through Friday 9am to 500pm. Although typically the last patients of the day are scheduled at 430pm, patient care often lasts beyond 500pm.
- There is travel to Village Clinics. Each clinic provider is assigned to a few villages in our region. Providers will travel out to their villages for two days to a full week to care for patients in the village clinic. We send a nurse to assist with patient care when staffing allows. These trips are a great opportunity to experience village life, see a bit of “bush” AK and are usually very rewarding experiences.